Cast Out Part II is the 20th and final episode of Dragons: Defenders of Berk.
Hiccup cautiously accepts Alvin the Treacherous' help on a mission to rescue Stoick from Dagur the Deranged's clutches. The dragon riders, the Berserkers and the Screaming Death all converge on Outcast Island for a war that may decide the fate of the entire Barbaric Archipelago.
- In this episode, we may see a more violent, out-of-character side of Hiccup while he tries to save Stoick from Dagur.
- Alvin's Whispering Death returns in this episode along with his mate who is the reason for all the eggs planted under Berk in episode 1.
- This episode is officially the only in the series where Hiccup narrates in the end.
- The Screaming Death was finally revealed to be looking for his mother and finally found her, thanks to Hiccup.
- Stoick and Alvin become friends again and ended their hatred. They're not the only ones who became friends again, so did Snotlout and Hiccup.
- Mildew is shown to still be loyal and faithful to Alvin, guarding the secret tunnel and watching the dragons.
- It is revealed by Gobber that Stoick was not a well-loved chief back in his days and many people didn't think he could make it, similar to his son, Hiccup.
- Fishlegs suggested and lured the Screaming Death to Outcast Island using Dragon Root.
- This is the second time Hiccup and Toothless were caught and captured by Dagur briefly. The first time was in The Flight Stuff.
- Like the previous episode, this one is similar to How to Steal a Dragon's Sword. With Stoick missing, Hiccup becomes temporary chief, which he struggles with. He is also giving a difficult choice to rescue his father. The secret underwater tunnel is also similar to the hidden maze under Flashburn's school.
- Snotlout momentarily trying to take charge as chief is just like his book counterpart.
- Hiccup uses air mail to tell the riders on Berk to lure the Screaming Death to Outcast Island.
- Fishlegs recalls to the riders that not all dragons are effected by Dragon Root. He gives an example of Meatlug being a boulder class dragon yet not being effected by the dragon root. However, one would consider the Screaming Death to be a boulder class dragon. Yet it is affected by dragon root. This is probably because a Gronckle's main diet is rock while the Screaming Death eats fish as shown at the end of Tunnel Vision.